Nō hea kākano iti, e puawai ana he Kauri.
From a small seed, a tall tree will blossom.
A baby's brain is only 15% formed at birth-further development of the remaining 85% happens in the first 3 years. So the early experiences of children are critical to connections made in their brains. Healthy, positive experiences lead to healthy, positive brain connections.
Reading with pēpi from birth lays the groundwork a child's later abilities in literacy. Encouraging positive associations with books and reading in our tamariki, supports understanding of and access to the world of literature. AND sitting cosy with a child and sharing a book is arguably the most rewarding activity one can engage in!