We were honoured (read floored) to be included in a very special Pēpi pack just recently! Our pukapuka Ngā Āhua was included in parcel of around a dozen NZ children's books to be sent as the official baby gift to the new piriniha-Louis!
Other books sent included Patricia Grace's "The Kuia and the Spider", "The Fish of Maui" by Peter Gossage and "Slinky Malinki" by Lynley Dodd! Esteemed company indeed!
Wawanei we couldn't be more chuffed!
"Each of the children’s books have been selected by writer and reviewer Kate De Goldi, and feature outstanding New Zealand writing and illustration, reflecting a range of New Zealand experiences." RT Hon Jacinda Ardern.
Here's the full list below-We will definitely be heading out to get some more of these titles ourselves!
- My New Zealand ABC Book; learn the alphabet with art and objects from Te Papa; text by James Brown
- My New Zealand 123 Book; learn counting with the art and objects from Te Papa; text by James Brown
- My New Zealand Colours Book; learning colours with the art and objects from Te Papa; text by James Brown
- Nga Ahua-Shapes by Kitty Brown & Kirsten Parkinson
- The Word Witch by Margaret Mahy; illustrated by David Elliott
- The Fish of Maui by Peter Gossage
- Slinky Malinki by Lynley Dodd
- Bad Dog, Flash! by Ruth Paul
- The Longest Breakfast by Jenny Bornholdt; illustrated by Sarah Wilkins
- The House that Jack Built by Gavin Bishop
- The Duck in the Gun by Joy Cowley; illustrated by Robyn Belton
- Kiss, Kiss, Yuck, Yuck by Kyle Mewburn; illustrated by Ali Teo & John O’Reilly
- The Kuia and the Spider by Patricia Grace; illustrated by Robyn Kahukiwa
- Talia by Catherine Hannken; illustrated by Trish Bowles
- So Many Wonderfuls by Tina Matthews